Our President's Projections for 2017
As we reflect on the past year and anticipate what’s ahead in 2017, we are both grateful and optimistic.
Posted: January 27, 2017 at 12:00 AM by Honor Tarpenning
As we reflect on the past year and anticipate what’s ahead in 2017, we are both grateful and optimistic. 2016 brought great success and many positive changes, while 2017 promises to be another record-breaking year for buyers and sellers in Southeastern North Carolina. Here’s a brief look back and look ahead from Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage, the largest and best-selling real estate company in New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender and Onslow counties.
- Closed 6,364 properties at a value of $1.395 BILLION.
- 5th year we surpassed $1 billion in annual closed sales volume
- 17th consecutive year as Southeastern NC’s #1 real estate company in Closed Sales
- 13th consecutive year as Southeastern NC’s #1 real estate company for Closed Volume
- #1 Real Estate Firm in Southeastern NC in New Home Sales
- #1 Real Estate Firm in NC for Coldwell Banker for 5th consecutive year
- #4 Real Estate Firm in the nation for Coldwell Banker
- 46 Agents/Teams surpassed $10 Million in Sales (up from 39 agents in 2015)
- Donated more than $100,000 to local charities and schools
- Committed to build our 6th Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity Home
Two New Offices in Wilmington
An employee recently said to me, “Tim, you require a very high standard to work here and that’s a huge part of your success.” We also set very high standards for ourselves for the type of support and work environment we provide for our agents and staff. REALTORS® are professionals and they deserve first-class office space, support staff, vendor partners, state-of-the-art technology, continuing education and a supportive, inclusive culture.
They find all of that and more at Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage.
- To better serve our clients and our agents, we are opening two new offices in Wilmington in 2017.
- In early February, we will open a new, 8,500 square foot Midtown office in Barclay Commons.
- In May, we will open a newly constructed, 19,000 square foot office in Autumn Hall.
- As with all Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage offices, the two new offices will be managed by a non-competing Managing Broker. The Managing Broker does not sell real estate and works full time to support their agents and ensure their success.
- Each new office features Class A office space, convenient, high visibility locations, private offices, conference rooms and full-time support staff.
- The Autumn Hall office will also house the Sea Coast Real Estate Academy,our top-rated real estate school that provides pre-licensing, post-licensing and continuing education classes.
- Loan officers, insurance representatives, closing attorneys, etc., will be available at both locations to assist with all aspects of the home buying process.
2017: Our Projections for Another Banner Year for Real Estate
- Closed sales will rise by 5 to 7% and home prices will rise by an estimated 5%.
- Interest rates will rise slightly, but will remain very attractive, creating a sense of urgency for buyers.
- Buyers will have many more loan options available, as lending standards have relaxed.
- Rising rents and low interest rates are enticing more millennials to buy homes as they realize the many advantages of home ownership.
Often I am asked, “What are you most proud of about your company?” My response is always, “Our people.” We are a caring group of professionals dedicated to our clients and the communities in which we live and work. Our agents may donate to a local charity with each closing, and the company matches each donation. Through our agents’ generosity, we contribute more than $100,000 to area non-profits annually.
If you want to learn more about how we can help you buy or sell a home, please feel free to call me at 910-202-2501 or email me at email@example.com. Our mission is to help buyers and sellers achieve their real estate goals by providing extraordinary customer service and we strive for that each day.
From all of us at Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage, we wish you a happy and prosperous 2017.
Tim Milam, President
Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage